Your battery is the heart of your vehicle so you want to make sure that your vehicle’s battery is always is the best condition possible. Having it checked periodically helps ensure optimal performance. Nevertheless, batteries will eventually need replacing. Listed below are common signs of battery failure.
- Engines that crank slowly or not at all indicate a potential problem.
- Dim or no dashboard lights when turning the key are also another factor.
- Leaving your headlights on, or failing to deactivate your alarm system if it has been set off, can quickly drain your battery. Safely attempt to jump-start the vehicle. If successful, driving around for at least 30 minutes may help it to properly recharge. Otherwise, have your vehicle towed for immediate service.
Here are a few questions that will help you know if it is time to replace your battery:
- Is your battery more than three years old?
- Has your battery outlived its warranty period?
- Have any warning lights come on?
- Has your vehicle been jump-started lately?
- Have you had to use a portable charger to recharge your battery lately?
- Do the lights dim when the A/C or heat is on?
- Has your vehicle had alternator or belt problems recently?
- Is there visible corrosion on the battery posts or cables?
Come into our certified service center where our highly trained technicians will make sure your battery is operating correctly and efficiently. We’re here to WOW ya!