The 2018 Toyota Camry Puts Safety First
The 2018 Toyota Camry hits the market after a full redesign for the new model year, bringing striking new looks and even more performance prowess to the table. In addition to bumps in both power and style, the new Camry also boasts a variety of safety and driver assist features that are sure to instill confidence and make your rides around Palm Coast safer and more secure. Join us as we run down some of these features here, and then make the trip to Beaver Toyota, your Toyota dealer in St. Augustine, FL.
Star Safety System™
When you hit the road in the all-new Camry, you’ll immediately feel the additional “oomph” under the hood, but you’ll also sense the tremendous precautions that have been taken to deliver a safe, stable, and helpful driving experience. Here, the Star Safety System™ is front and center, with safety features like:
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Smart Stop Technology® (SST)
- Traction Control (TRAC)
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P)
In addition to the important safety features provided by the Star Safety System™, the new Camry also comes standard with the state-of-the-art Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P) driver assist suite, which includes:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD) – This system uses a camera and sensors to monitor when a potential frontal collision is possible. When this is determined to be the case, the system sends audible and visual warnings to the driver. If the driver fails to respond, the system will automatically apply the brakes in order to reduce the possibility and severity of a collision.
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA) – Functional at 32 mph or higher, LDA is able to warn drivers when a vehicle is drifting out of its lane. If the driver fails to take corrective measures, SA may automatically make small steering adjustments to redirect the vehicle to the center of the lane.
- Automatic High Beams (AHB) – At speeds above 25 mph, your headlights will automatically turn on the high beams when there is no one around and turn them off when there is an oncoming vehicle present.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) – When cruise control is engaged, this system will detect the distance between your car and the car in front of yours, automatically braking and accelerating in order to maintain a safe distance.
Test Drive the 2018 Toyota Camry Today
If you’re interested in seeing how the 2018 Toyota Camry’s safety systems work together and what safety features of offered in the Toyota Camry LE and SE trims, then come check it out at Beaver Toyota! Our dealership is located at 2995 US Highway 1 S in St. Augustine, FL. If you have questions, such as how to reset the maintenance light, don’t hesitate to give us a call.