How Does Intelligent Park Assist Work? We’ll Show You!
Most Jacksonville drivers are first drawn to the Toyota Prius for its impressive hybrid fuel economy numbers, but this affordable hatchback is also decked out with a variety of intuitive features, including Toyota’s Intelligent Park Assist. Read on to learn how Intelligent Park Assist Works, and watch the video for a real-life demonstration. Palm Coast shoppers can also learn more about some of Toyota’s other advanced safety features. For a personal tour of these features and more, visit Beaver Toyota of St. Augustine!
A Step-by-Step Guide to Toyota’s Park Assist Feature
The Intelligent Park Assist System on the Toyota Prius uses advanced sonar and automatic steering capabilities to help maneuver the vehicle into parallel and perpendicular parking spaces. When you would like to engage this feature, simply follow these steps:
- Press the park assist button to the left of the steering wheel.
- Look at the central display screen for instructions.
- When a space is detected, the system will tell you to move forward or backward.
- Stop the vehicle, and shift to reverse when prompted.
- Take your hands off of the steering wheel, and allow it to move itself.
- Maintain control of braking force if needed.
- Shift to drive when prompted.
- When ready to leave the spot, use similar prompts and direction to help the vehicle exit the spot.
Other Advanced Toyota Safety Features
In addition to the Intelligent Park Assist system, the Toyota Prius (along with many other new other Toyota models) is also offered with a tremendous variety of advanced safety features, including but not limited to:
- Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P)
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Integrated backup camera
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Star Safety System™ (Traction Control, Vehicle Stability Control, Brake Assist, and more!)
Stay Safe and Save More with the Toyota Prius!
On sale now in a variety of models, including the Prius c and the plug-in Prius Prime at Beaver Toyota of St. Augustine, the 2017 Toyota Prius is a capable and reliable hybrid hatchback that gets you a lot for your money! Stop by our dealership today at 2995 US-1 South in St. Augustine, FL to test out the Intelligent Park Assist system and take the new Prius for a test drive. Contact us today at (904) 863-8494 with any questions or to schedule a demonstration and test drive.