2016 Toyota Prius vs. 2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Daytona Beach and Palm Coast drivers face a tough challenge when they set about comparing the 2016 Toyota Prius to the 2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid. Toyota has continued to bring the most advanced hybrid technology to American drivers, and that’s evident when you’re behind the wheel of either vehicle. That said, the two have been made to complement different kinds of drivers, so read on to help identify the right model for you.
Powertrains and MPG
Both the 2016 Toyota Prius and the 2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid are able to outpace the competition thanks to a keen combination of power and efficiency. However, their individual outputs and mpg ratings do vary:
- Power: The Prius combines a 1.8L four-cylinder engine with a motor and electronically controlled continuously variable transmission (CVT) to make up to 121 hp. The Camry’s 2.5L four-cylinder engine and motor is also paired with a CVT, but it makes up to a compelling 200 hp.
- Efficiency: The Prius shines when it comes to fuel economy, making up to 54 mpg in the city and 50 mpg on the highway.* The Camry’s maximum of 43 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway* is still strong, but the Prius will make a better choice if you’re primarily concerned with efficiency.
Any Daytona Beach and Palm Coast drivers looking to compare the 2016 Toyota Prius to the 2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid need to play plenty of attention to their own needs when it comes to cargo and passenger space.The Prius, as a hatchback, easily outpaces the Camry when it comes to room for all of your cargo. There’s up to 24.6 cubic feet as standard — that’s over 3 cubic feet more than last year’s model and significantly more than the 13.1 cubic feet you’ll enjoy in the Camry. Prius Two Eco and Prius Four trims even lower the floor to provide up to 27.3 cubic feet.
However, the Prius is unlikely to be as advantageous for growing families that need as much space as possible, or for anyone who often takes adults in the rear.
- Rear Leg Room: Up to 38.9 inches in the Camry Hybrid vs. just 33.4 inches in the Prius.
- Rear Head Room: Up to 38.1 inches in the Camry Hybrid vs. just 37.4 inches in the Prius.
- Rear Shoulder Room: Up to 56.6 inches in the Camry Hybrid vs. just 53 inches in the Prius.
Toyota has clearly wasted no resources in fitting out the 2016 Prius and the 2016 Camry Hybrid with a comprehensive range of thoroughly up to date features, with both vehicles offering:
- Qi-Compatible Wireless Charging: If you’ve left home without a full charge for one of your personal devices, just place it on the handy Qi wireless charging platform.
- Entune Premium Audio: Control available GPS navigation and infotainment on a state-of-the-art 7-inch high-resolution touchscreen display. You can even use a number of popular apps.
- JBL Premium Audio: Delivers crystal-clear audio through 10 top=notch speakers.
However, the two hybrids do somewhat diverge in other ways, with the Prius focusing more on style and the Camry focusing more on comfort. That’s why you’ll only find a heads-up display with the former and a dual-zone climate-control system with the latter.
Daytona Beach and Palm Coast drivers can enjoy complete peace of mind behind the wheel of either the 2016 Toyota Prius or the 2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid; both vehicles earned the designation of 2016 Top Safety Pick+ from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.Each vehicle also offers a full range of standard safety features in addition to a set of available driver-assistance features, including:
- Radar Dynamic Cruise Control: Adjusts cruising speed up and down to account for the distance between your Toyota and the vehicle ahead.
- Forward Collision Warning: Provides an alert if you’re in danger of a frontal collision.
- Lane Departure Warning: Should you start to leave your lane without signaling, a warning will be provided.
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert: The Blind Spot Monitor lets you know whether a car has entered that area; the Rear Cross-Traffic Alert system scans for vehicles approaching from either side as you reverse.
You’ll Find Your Ideal Toyota Hybrid at Our St. Augustine Dealership
Ultimately, the Prius makes an unparalleled choice for Daytona Beach and Palm Coast drivers who want to focus on efficiency and carry plenty of cargo, while the Camry Hybrid combines that efficiency with greater power and more space for all passengers to spread out. If you’d like to check out each vehicle in the flesh, don’t hesitate to come to the Beaver Toyota in St. Augustine, FL.
*2016 EPA-estimated city/highway mileage. Actual mileage will vary.