2016 Toyota Corolla vs. 2016 Hyundai Elantra
2016 Toyota Corolla
2016 Hyundai Elantra
The 2016 Toyota Corolla is one of the most recognizable small sedans on the market, so it’s no wonder that Daytona Beach and Palm Coast drivers tend to choose the Corolla over the 2016 Hyundai Elantra. With stronger efficiency ratings, a roomier rear row, and superior standard technology, the Corolla leaves competitors far behind.
Powertrains and MPG
- Six-Speed Manual Transmission: Provides precise control over power delivery, plus up to 28 mpg in the city and 37 mpg on the highway.*
- Four-Speed Automatic: Ensures faultless convenience, all while offering up to 27 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway.*
- CVT: Combines the effortlessness of automatic with the efficiency of manual to make up to 30 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway.*
The Elantra’s specs are somewhat deceiving. It boasts an output of 145 hp and 140 lb-ft of torque, which make it seem like the stronger vehicle; however, according to Edmunds, you’ll make 0-60 mph in 9.7 seconds vs. 9.2 in the Corolla. The Elantra’s efficiency is similarly inferior, peaking at 28 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway.
- Rearview Camera: Reversing used to mean having to crane your neck for a partial view of the area behind your car. Now you just have to move in reverse to see a live feed of that area on your in-dash monitor.
- 6.1-Inch Touchscreen: Whether you need to control your Bluetooth system or use in-vehicle apps, you’ll be able to do so with ease on this sprawling touchscreen, which outclasses the Elantra’s standard 4.3-inch model by quite a bit.
- Siri Eyes Free: Enables voice control of an iOS mobile device that is linked with a car’s in-dash audio system. You can use natural voice commands to operate your mobile device, the car’s sound system, or other infotainment functions.
The 2016 Toyota Corolla is a Top Choice for Daytona Beach and Palm Coast Drivers
The 2016 Toyota Corolla had a lot to live up to, but it has still managed to surpass expectations. To take yours for a test-drive, or to learn more, just contact Beaver Toyota in St. Augustine, FL.
*2016 EPA-estimated city/highway mileage. Actual mileage will vary.