2017 Toyota Camry vs. 2017 Honda Accord
2017 Toyota Camry
2017 Honda Accord
You’ll see plenty of 2017 Toyota Camry and 2017 Honda Accord models travelling the roads of Daytona Beach and Palm Coast. That should come as no surprise: these vehicles are undoubtedly two of the most popular around, and they stand right at the front of the midsize sedan segment. That said, only one can accelerate to 1st place, so it’s time to find out which can offer you that little bit extra.
Powertrains and MPG
The 2017 Toyota Camry combines the efficiency you need with the performance you desire, and it does so across two top of the line powertrain options:
- 2.5L Four-Cylinder: Entry-level models generate an impressive 178-hp and 170 lb.-ft. of torque, with a standard six-speed automatic transmission that achieves up to 25 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway.
- 3.5L V6: The Camry’s fiery V6 is perfect for the driving purist who wants to combine the practicality of a midsize sedan with track-like performance. Count on up to 268-hp and 248 lb.-ft. of torque. Mileage remains generous at 21 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway.
Of course, the Honda is more than ready to offer its own four-cylinder engine as standard and an available V6. However, it lacks many of the upgrades made to the performance systems of this year’s Camry, such as:
- Enhanced control and a smoother ride arrives thanks to recalibrated suspension and optimized Electric Power Steering (EPS).
- A wider track than your standard midsize helps the Camry maintain attractive agility and high-speed control.
- Vortex generators beneath the vehicle help decrease wind-resistance and increase efficiency.
With side bolsters to cradle you as you make full use of the 2017 Toyota Camry’s outstanding potential, as well as available Ultraseude or leather-trimmed seats, the bold performance of the Camry is complemented by a thoroughly impressive cabin. You can even add wood grain style accents to bring an added dash of refinement to your interior environment.
In terms of passenger and cargo space, the Camry matches up pretty squarely with the 2017 Honda Accord, but it dramatically pulls ahead when you start the engine thanks to a whisper-quiet drive. Advanced sound-imaging instruments were used across the cabin to pinpoint exactly where sound would enter, then additional sound-absorbing measures and materials were put in place to keep the hustle and bustle of the outside world outside the cabin’s sphere of serenity.
The 2017 Toyota Camry offers several enhancements over the 2017 Honda Accord when it comes to performance and interior comfort, but it absolutely dominates the segment when it comes to onboard features.
Here are just a few of the amenities that you’ll only be able to take advantage of with the Camry:
- GreenEdge Sound System: Audiophiles will find themselves well catered to in the Camry. This available JBL sound system positions ten speakers in eight locations across the cabin, as well as a subwoofer and amplifier, in order to create a true surround sound experience.
- Qi Wireless Charging: Few things are as annoying as finding that your smartphone has run out of juice. With this available Qi wireless charging platform, you’ll be able to top up the battery as you drive.
- Entune™ App Suite: Whether you want to book a table, find cinema tickets, get the latest news, or simply relax to internet radio, you can use the growing selection of apps available in the Entune™ App Suite to do it.
Both the 2017 Toyota Camry and the 2017 Honda Accord are durable and safely-built cars; no matter your decision, you won’t be making sacrifices when it comes to the well-being of you and your family.
However, the Camry can offer something that the Accord can’t: its celebrated Safety Connect System. That suite of features offers:
- 27 Emergency Assistance via Toyota’s 24/7 Call Center
- Emergency Assistance
- Stolen Vehicle Locator
- Roadside Assistance
- Automatic Collision Notification.
You’ll Find that the 2017 Toyota Camry Offers More than the 2017 Honda Accord
The 2017 Honda Accord is a fine sedan, but the 2017 Toyota Camry is just more impressive from every angle. To experience the Camry for yourself and see why it tops Honda sedans, don’t hesitate to pay a visit to the showroom here at Beaver Toyota, located at 2995 US Highway 1 S in St. Augustine.