2016 Toyota Tacoma vs. 2015 Chevrolet Colorado
2016 Toyota Tacoma
2015 Chevy Colorado
Are you trying to decide between two great pickups for your work truck? The 2016 Toyota Tacoma and the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado are two highly popular choices, but it can be hard to choose which is the best for you. Compare and contrast the two vehicles with this guide from Beaver Toyota!
- Power: The 2016 Toyota Tacoma’s most advanced standard engine is a V6 with direct fuel injection for more immediate access to power. It produces an impressive 278 hp and a truly necessary 265 lb-ft of torque, perfect for towing, and it also comes standard on the Tacoma Limited. The 2015 Chevrolet Colorado has a smaller standard 4-cylinder engine that only produces 200 hp and 191 lb-ft of torque. Even on the highest trim level, the Z71, you’ll have to pay extra for the V6 engine option.
- Towing: The powerful V6 engine of the 2016 Toyota Tacoma can tow up to 6,800 lbs. at a time, or carry a cargo bed payload of up to 1,400 lbs. It has a three-piece bumper to make hitching and unhitching easier and to protect the hitch from weathering, as well as trailer sway control, so that you’ll be able to control your tow better. The 2015 Chevrolet Colorado can only tow 3,500 lbs. at a time unless you shell out extra money for the V6 with trailering package, in which case it can tow up to 7,000 lbs.
The 2016 Toyota Tacoma has a ton of great tech that will make your towing and trailing easier and more fun!
- The GoPro mount on your windshield lets you record your great adventures in real time, and the Qi-compatible wireless charging means you never have to remember your phone charger–just put your device down on the skid-free pad and you’re ready to go. These are both technologies that the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado cannot boast.
- Your blind spot monitor and rear cross-traffic alert system let you know what’s going on around you, even when you can’t see. The Colorado only has a rear vision camera, not a system of sensors.
- The multi-terrain select system gives you five different driving modes to help you regulate your wheel spin to the terrain, meaning that you’ll always have the perfect way to deal with any kind of ground or driving situation. The Colorado includes a tow/haul mode switch, which allows you only two options.
- For storage, the Tacoma features an easy-lower tailgate that opens and closes smoothly and can be removed to store longer items as well as a standard deck rail tie-down system. The Colorado does include optional accessories which can be added to secure your items, but these do cost extra.
- Only Toyota vehicles feature the Star Safety System, an advanced integration of safety technologies that are engineered to work in harmony to ensure vehicle stability, braking efficiency, and control of your vehicle. In addition, only new Toyota owners receive the ToyotaCare no-cost maintenance plan for the first two years of their vehicle ownership.
Get the Tacoma Today
Are you ready to try out the 2016 Toyota Tacoma? Come see us at 2995 US 1 S St. Augustine when you call us at (904)863-8494 or contact us online.