2016 Toyota Prius v vs. 2016 Ford C-Max SEL
2016 Toyota Prius v
2016 Ford C-Max SEL
Drivers in the market for a 4-door family sedan stocked with plush interior accessories and a powertrain capable of advanced fuel efficiency are sure to be impressed by the 2016 Toyota Prius v, the all-new hybrid that has Jacksonville and Palm Coast drivers on the edge of their seats. This versatile new vehicle has a series of competitors boasting similar features, so to give you a better idea of its capabilities, we’ve stacked it up against the 2016 Ford C-Max SEL. Though the competition is close, it’s clear after careful analysis that the 2016 Toyota Prius v ultimately has the edge over its rival.
The 2016 Toyota Prius v is designed to outperform other fuel efficient vehicles in its segment. It succeeds thanks to the cutting-edge technologies incorporated under the hood. Working in tandem with an automatic continuously variable transmission, its 1.8L 4-cylinder hybrid engine is capable of producing 134 hp and 105 lb-ft of torque. The calling card for the Toyota Prius has long been its top-of-the-line efficiency ratings, and the 2016 model does not disappoint, giving drivers an estimated 40 mpg on the highway. Compared to the 2016 Ford C-Max SEL’s 37 highway mpg, it’s clear that the 2016 Prius v is the more economical choice.
With its diverse selection of standard and available interior features, the 2016 Prius v provides drivers with a level of comfort in the cabin that the 2016 Ford C-Max SEL simply cannot match. A few of these features include:
- Rearview Camera: Each 2016 Prius v comes with a standard rearview camera that alerts drivers to objects behind the car, while the 2016 C-Max SEL offers it only as an option.
- Auxiliary Input Jack: Prius v drivers can enjoy the standard ability to play music from their mobile devices through an auxiliary input which is unavailable on the C-Max SEL.
- Gratuitous Cargo Capacity: While the 2016 Ford C-Max SEL only offers 52.6 cubic feet of cargo space while a properly equipped 2016 Toyota Prius v boasts a maximum cargo capacity of 67.3 cubic feet.
As evidence of Toyota’s commitment to the safety of its drivers, the 2016 Prius v is standardly equipped with Toyota’s signature star safety suite, a conglomeration of features like Electronic Brake-force Distribution, Vehicle Stability Control, and more. Some of the other advanced safety features that set the 2016 Prius apart from its competition include:
- Active Head Restraints: The 2016 Prius v is outfitted with seats engineered to minimize the impact of whiplash by flexing in the event of a collision.
- Hill Start Assist Control: When moving from a stopped position on a steep incline the 2016 Prius v will temporarily engage the brakes to prevent the car from rolling backwards.
- LATCH Child Restraint System: Parents can drive with peace of mind knowing that this standard feature enables them to securely mount and restrain child safety seats.
The 2016 Toyota Prius v Beats the Competition Every Time
Considering the superior performance power and safety guarantee of the 2016 Toyota Prius v, it’s clear why Jacksonville and Palm Coast drivers prefer it to the 2016 Ford C-Max SEL. If you’re interested in getting behind the wheel of the remarkable new Toyota Prius v, stop by Beaver Toyota at 2995 US 1 in St. Augustine to schedule a test drive today. If you have any further questions, please contact us online or give us a call at 904-567-3962 at your convenience.