2016 Toyota Corolla vs. 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage
2016 Toyota Corolla
2015 Mitsubishi Mirage
If you’re shopping for a small car that offers competitive fuel economy numbers, an outstanding range of standard equipment, and an impressive safety record, then you should definitely consider the 2016 Toyota Corolla. When compared to vehicles like the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage, you’ll find that the new Corolla offers a better all around package at a great price.
- 2016 Toyota Corolla Performance: The base Toyota Corolla uses a 1.8L four-cylinder engine that generates 132 hp and 128 lb-ft of torque. Choose the Corolla Eco trim level and the same engine with engineering enhancements provides 140 hp and 126 lb-ft of torque. It also returns 42 mpg highway based on EPA estimates
- 2016 Mitsubishi Mirage Performance: The Mirage is only available with a 1.2L three-cylinder engine that puts out a paltry 74 hp and 74 lb-ft of torque. It will take the Mirage 11.7 seconds to reach 60 mph from a dead stop – much longer than the Corolla. The Mirage is rated at 42 mpg highway with the manual transmission and 44 mpg highway with continuously variable transmission.
- Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
- Bluetooth handsfree connectivity
- An outside thermometer
- Front adjustable seat height
- Speed adaptive power steering
- Remote fuel filler door release
- Remote trunk release
- A telescopic steering wheel
- Voice activated controls
The base-level Mirage is missing every one of those features that the Corolla enjoys as standard.
- 2016 Toyota Corolla Safety: The new Corolla earned a best possible 5-star overall crash test rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). It comes standard with features like a rearview camera on LE trims and above.
- 2016 Mitsubishi Mirage Safety: The Mirage only received a 4-star overall rating from NHTSA, since it received four stars in both the rollover test and the frontal crash test. The Mirage can be ordered with a rearview camera, but it’s usually an upgrade for only the highest trim level.
Test Drive the 2016 Toyota Corolla at Beaver Toyota Now
Come visit Beaver Toyota to get behind the wheel of the 2016 Toyota Corolla. Contact Beaver Toyota online or by phone at (904) 567-3962 to schedule your test-drive today. You can also visit our showroom at 2995 U.S. Highway 1 in St. Augustine Monday through Saturday.