2015 Toyota Corolla vs. 2015 VW Beetle
2015 Toyota Corolla
2015 VW Beetle
Compact cars are all the rage for drivers tired of paying more at the pump. To demonstrate why we think the gas-sipping 2015 Toyota Corolla should be the first car Daytona Beach and Jacksonville car buyers test drive, our experts have created this comparison of the 2015 Toyota Corolla and the 2015 Volkswagen Beetle. We think it’s obvious which model is the better compact.
The new Corolla is equipped with a number of standard and available features not found on the more expensive Beetle:
- 2015 Toyota Corolla Features – The Corolla offers a standard locking feature on the power windows, preventing children from playing with the system while the vehicle is in motion. The Corolla is also equipped with the standard Entune system, which can give drivers voice control of the audio system, allowing drivers to keep their attention on the road.
- 2015 VW Beetle Features – The Volkswagen Beetle is equipped with fixed rear windows that cannot be rolled down to increase ventilation, and the front power windows do not have a locking feature. And, while the Beetle can connect to compatible smartphones for access to certain functions, it does not support voice control features.
The 2015 Toyota Corolla comes equipped with standard safety features Daytona Beach and Jacksonville drivers won’t find on the Beetle:
- 2015 Toyota Corolla Safety – Toyota has equipped the new Corolla with standard whiplash injury lessening (WIL) seats to help prevent serious neck and back injury from rear end collisions. The Corolla also offers a full suite of standard airbags for driver and passenger protection, including first- and second-row side curtain airbags, as well as driver and front passenger knee airbags. In recent NHTSA crash testing, the Corolla earned high marks of 5 stars overall for front crash tests.
- 2015 VW Beetle Safety – The Beetle isn’t equipped with whiplash injury lessening seats. The Beetle is not equipped with first- and second-row side curtain airbags nor does it have knee airbags, increasing the likelihood of injury to the driver and front passenger in the event of a collision. In NHTSA testing, the Beetle only earned 4 stars in front crash tests.
With a lower base price and fewer problems reported by consumers and industry professionals, the new Corolla is a better buy than the Beetle:
- 2015 Toyota Corolla MSRP – The base price of the 2015 Toyota Corolla is just $17,230. With the Toyota Care Program, regular scheduled maintenance is covered for the first 2 years or 25,000 miles of ownership, saving new car owners hundreds of dollars in basic maintenance costs, while avoiding costly repairs down the road.
- 2015 VW Beetle MSRP – The new Volkswagen Beetle has a base price of $20,695 – over $3,400 more than the Corolla. Although the VW Beetle is covered for free scheduled maintenance, it only lasts for 1 year or 10,000 miles.
The 2015 Toyota Corolla is Now Available Near Daytona Beach and Jacksonville
Schedule a test drive in the 2015 Toyota Corolla, and see what other Daytona Beach and Jacksonville shoppers already know. Come visit Beaver Toyota at 2995 U.S. 1 S. in St. Augustine, or contact us at (904) 567-3962 today.