2021 Toyota 4Runner Towing Capacity Guide
The new Toyota 4Runner continues the storied legacy of this great SUV with improvements in performance, interior features, and more. So how much can a Toyota 4Runner tow? With the right equipment, the 2021 Toyota 4Runner gets 5,000 pounds of towing capacity on any trim available to St. Augustine drivers. That’s enough for hauling a boat or a camper! Beaver Toyota St. Augustine explores the Toyota 4Runner V6 towing capacity and features that improve the Toyota 4Runner towing capacity below!
Toyota 4Runner V6 Towing Capacity and Accessories
Toyota 4Runner V6 towing capacity offers Palm Coast towers with more than just power. The sturdy equipment and the standard accessories that help with controlled towing make the 4Runner a standout on the SUV market. See these specs below:
- 4.0L V6: Choose this engine to get the full potential of Toyota 4Runner V6 towing capacity. It boasts 270 hp and 278 lb-ft of torque.
- Integrated Towing Hitch Receiver: This simple receiver makes a difference when you’re towing.
- Wiring Harness with 4- & 7-Pin Connectors: These connectors allow you to easily connect the lights on your SUV to your trailer or camper, resulting in a safer towing experience.
And how do we get a reliable answer to the question, “How much can a Toyota 4Runner tow”? The tow rating is compliant with a test designed by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). This is made for vehicles that have a GVWR of up to 14,000 pounds. They test multiple parameters to ensure a fair rating for the Toyota 4Runner towing capacity.
Toyota 4Runner Towing Capacity: Competing SUVs
So, how much can a Toyota 4Runner tow compared to other SUVs in its class? In many ways, this is the most important question that Palatka drivers can ask, as they want the best possible performance on their SUVs. The good news is, even against the competing cars, the Toyota 4Runner towing capacity withstands the test:
- 2021 Toyota 4Runner Towing Capacity SR5 FWD: 5,000 pounds
- 2021 Honda Pilot LX FWD: 3,500 pounds
- 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4×2: 3,500 pounds
- 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4-Door Sport: 3,500 pounds
Test Drive a Toyota 4Runner at Beaver Toyota St. Augustine!
As you can see, there’s a lot of power and performance packed inside the 2021 Toyota 4Runner. The best way to tell if this SUV is right for your towing needs in St. Augustine is to see it for yourself! At Beaver Toyota St. Augustine, we’re proud to have Toyota specials that include the 4Runner and powerful trucks like the Tacoma. Contact us today to set up a test drive and find out more about this vehicle!